Friday, 09 January 2009

Groundhog day

Ah, the irony of my last post. After extolling the virtues of working from home, it's now become one of the reasons I'm changing jobs again (although not the main one).

Although I enjoyed the experience for the first 4/5 months, the sense of isolation from the rest of the team started getting to me. I thought I'd eventually adjust to it but in fact it got worse.

It's been a good personal learning experience though, I've tried it and know that working from home for extended periods is not for me. Looking forward to working in an office again (although if I have the option to work from home on the occasional day that would be good - we'll see).

I'm not looking forward to traffic again though.

You really do have to have a particular type of mentality to work on your own, with limited interaction with other people. I thought I was that kind of person, but obviously not.

So here I am, one year on and doing the same thing I was at this time last year, working out my last couple of weeks and starting a new job at the beginning of February. Groundhog Day indeed!

No comments: